Monday Morning Motivation – Sustainable
(Sharing Resources to Help You Grow Personally, Professionally & Financially)
Sometimes it helps to get a little dose of encouragement — along with a good cup of coffee! — to start the day.
Hopefully the message below will help you get off to a good start for the week. Please feel free to forward the newsletter on to others that you think would benefit from the content.
- With all the focus on the environment these days, the word “sustainable” has become much more common. However, most of us relate this word to the environment and NOT to ourselves. That’s a shame as we each need to make sure that we are sustainable as well as the environment…I define sustainable as “the ability to continue on indefinitely”. Hence in the environmental sense, sustainable refers to our efforts to make sure that our planet continues on indefinitely in a manner to support life.
- What happens when we turn the focus of this definition on ourselves?
Suddenly we are faced with a number of challenging questions:
- Is the way I’m taking care of myself spiritually sustainable?
- Is the way I’m taking care of my relationships sustainable?
- Is the way I’m taking care of myself physically sustainable?
- Is the way I’m taking care of myself financially sustainable?
When I decided to start my business a few years ago I chose “F5 Financial Planning” as the name of the business. The “F5” refers to faith, friends and family, fitness, and finance. It refers to my belief that we each need to focus on sustainability in these key dimensions.
That brings us to today’s question:
- Are you living your life in a sustainable manner?
Thanks for sharing a bit of your time with me this Monday morning and I wish you all the best for the week.
Blog posts from this past week: