Monday Morning Motivation – Distracted
(Sharing Resources to Help You Grow Personally, Professionally & Financially)
Sometimes it helps to get a little dose of encouragement — along with a good cup of coffee! — to start the day.
Hopefully the message below will help you get off to a good start for the week. Please feel free to forward the newsletter on to others that you think would benefit from the content.
I have heard – and I believe – that multi-tasking is impossible. Yes, you can work on a couple of tasks at the same time. However, you cannot give your full attention to either of the tasks if you are distracted by the other.
Now if you buy in to the above, here are a couple of questions for you:
- Do you think it is a good idea to text and drive?
- Do you think it is a good idea to work on emails while you are in a teleconference?
- Do you think it is a good idea to be reviewing your notes/”to do” list when your spouse calls to say “Hi” sometime during the day?
- Do you think it is a good idea to still have work on your mind when your kids are sharing what they did today?
It is easy to get caught up in all of the things that demand our time. However, if we are not careful, we can become distracted from the important things in life.
That leads to this week’s challenge?
- Can you spend this week only focus on the task at hand and avoid the distraction of multi-tasking?
Thanks for sharing a bit of your time with me this Monday morning and I wish you all the best for the week.
Blog posts from this past week: