Often times individuals approach me about my “thoughts on the market.” Rarely do I provide them with the “silver bullet” that they are looking for when they ask. That’s because, in my opinion, there is no such thing.
There are, however, some key questions that I believe all investors should ask. Nine such questions are:
- What sort of competition do I face as an investor?
- What are my chances of picking an investment fund that survives and outperforms?
- If I choose a fund because of strong past performance, does that mean it will do well in the future?
- Do I have to outsmart the market to be a successful investor?
- Is there a better way to build a portfolio?
- Is international investing for me?
- Will making frequent changes to my portfolio help me achieve investment success
- Should I make changes to my portfolio based on what I’m hearing in the news?
- So, what should I be doing?
The linked article goes into more detail on each of these key questions—and why you should ask them.
Read the article here.
- Do you know the answers to these key questions?
- If not, would you like to partner with someone who has the answers to these questions and can help you with your investments?
Feel free to send us an email or give us a call. We’d love to have the opportunity to hear about your situation and your thoughts on this post.
Enjoy the read and remember, it’s NOT about the money. It’s about how the money supports your goals!
About F5 Financial Planning
F5 Financial is a fee-only wealth management firm with a holistic approach to financial planning, personal goals, and behavioral change. We provide insight and tailored strategies that inspire and equip our clients to enjoy a life of significance and financial freedom.
At F5 Financial Planning, we focus on helping individuals and families find balance between faith, friends and family, fitness and finance. We make sure that they have the financial freedom to enjoy those things in life that are important to them. And while we believe the left-brain facts and data are critical; we work with our clients to get them in the right state of mind to focus on the goals they want to achieve.
Photo credit:Charlz Gutierrez De Pineres on unsplash.com
Some other posts that you might like:
- Should You Pay Off Your Mortgage?
- How Are DFA Funds Different than Index Funds?
- How Families Can Calculate Retirement Income Wants Versus Needs
- What Your Grandma Taught You About Investing
- Making Sure You Can Collect a Paycheck in Retirement
F5 Financial Planning provides fee-only financial planning services to Naperville, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Aurora, Oswego, Geneva, St. Charles, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Lisle, Chicago and the surrounding communities. Curt Stowers is a fee-only financial planner. He has passed the CFP® examination. Contact or visit Curt at his Naperville location.
We’d love to have the opportunity to hear about your situation. Send us an email or give us a call to find out more about next steps.
Helping You With:
Wealth Preservation – Wealth Enhancement – Wealth Transfer – Wealth Protection – Charitable Giving
Visit Us At:
50 South Main, Suite 200 Naperville, IL 60540
Contact Us At: