Monday Morning Motivation – Determined
Sharing Resources to Help You Grow Personally, Professionally & Financially
Sometimes it helps to get a little dose of encouragement—along with a good cup of coffee!—to start the day. Today we discuss "determined."
Hopefully, the message below will help you get off to a good start for the week. Please feel free to forward the newsletter along to others who you think would benefit from the content.
There are a lot of keys to fighting through the tough things in life. One of the biggest is being determined.
Being determined is easy to comprehend and difficult to execute. But it is absolutely critical when you run into roadblocks.
From what I’ve seen, people who are determined possess several key traits that give them this huge advantage. These include:
- Faith – Determined individuals believe that things will work out. Often, they do not know how; they simply know. To many, this is incomprehensible.
- Tolerance – When you’re pushing through a barrier, it is often not pleasant. Determined individuals are able to tolerate the short-term pain for the long term gain.
- Confidence – Unlike faith that is built on the external, confidence is that internal belief in self. Determined individuals KNOW that they can do their part and, in so doing, have faith that the external pieces will fall into place.
- Resilience – Even with faith, tolerance, and confidence, the first attempt often fails. Determined individuals do NOT allow that to deter them. They are resilient—they give it another shot!
Interestingly, the skeptics of the world often believe the determined individuals to be naïve. That’s because they (the skeptics) can easily point out how the determined individual has NOT yet achieved their goal. Furthermore, even after they (the determined) achieve their goals, the skeptic often has all kinds of reasons on why it was “obvious” that things were going to work out, as they discuss the factors that came together to yield the positive result.
What the skeptics fail to acknowledge is that these factors RARELY just come together. As they say, “fortune favors the prepared.” And the determined are normally the most prepared!
That brings us to this week’s question:
- What are you determined to do today? This week? This month? This year? This life?
Thanks for sharing a bit of your time with me this Monday morning.
Have a great week!
About MMM: Each week I publish “Monday Morning Motivation” in the hopes that at least one person will find a bit of inspiration and that this inspiration will have a positive impact on their life. My motivation comes from experiences, reading, sermons, and discussions.
Photo credit: Karl Fredrickson on unsplash.com
Blog post from this past week:
F5 Financial is a fee-only wealth management firm with a holistic approach to financial planning, personal goals, and behavioral change. Through our F5 Process, we provide insight and tailored strategies that inspire and equip our clients to enjoy a life of significance and financial freedom.
F5 Financial provides fee-only financial planning services to Naperville, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Aurora, Oswego, Geneva, St. Charles, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Lisle, Chicago and the surrounding communities; to McDonough, Henry County, Fayette County, Atlanta and the surrounding communities; to Venice, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Osprey, North Port, and the surrounding communities; and nationally.
We'd love to have the opportunity to hear about your situation. Contact us here to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Learn more about What We Do.
Helping You With
Wealth Preservation – Wealth Enhancement – Wealth Transfer – Wealth Protection – Charitable Giving