Sharing Resources to Help You Grow Personally, Professionally & Financially
Sometimes it helps to get a little dose of encouragement—along with a good cup of coffee!—to start the day. Today we discuss "humility."
Hopefully the message below will help you get off to a good start for the week. Please feel free to forward the newsletter on to others that you think would benefit from the content.
A while back, I came across the following definition of humility:
- A personal quality of dependence on God and respect for other people. It is not a natural human instinct, but a God-given virtue acquired through holy living.
I think the definition is worth breaking down as it highlights some GREAT areas where we can all learn and focus:
- Dependence on others—When we rely on others, we are stronger. I would argue that when we rely on God, we are strongest.
- Respect for others—I feel like this is a behavior that has become VERY rare in today’s society.
- Supernatural—Humble people are NOT the norm; it takes work to be humble!
- Virtue acquired—Humility comes through practice.
- Through living—Experiencing life is where/how we have the opportunities to grow in this trait.
Five key aspect of humility (dependence, respect, supernatural, virtue, living) are each powerful by themselves. However, putting them all together yields what is one of the most desirable traits that, in my opinion, you can possess.
That brings us to this week’s question:
- Would you be a better person if you spent time focusing on the key aspects/dimensions of humility?
Thanks for sharing a bit of your time with me this Monday morning.
Have a great week!
(NOTE – Count on seeing a few of these 5 aspects in upcoming weeks of MMM.)
About MMM: Each week I publish “Monday Morning Motivation” in the hopes that at least one person will find a bit of inspiration and that this inspiration will have a positive impact on their life. My motivation comes from experiences, reading, sermons, and discussions.
Photo credit: Alex Blajan on unsplash.com
Blog post from this past week:
F5 Financial is a fee-only wealth management firm with a holistic approach to financial planning, personal goals, and behavioral change. Through our F5 Process, we provide insight and tailored strategies that inspire and equip our clients to enjoy a life of significance and financial freedom.
F5 Financial provides fee-only financial planning services to Naperville, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Aurora, Oswego, Geneva, St. Charles, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Lisle, Chicago and the surrounding communities; to McDonough, Henry County, Fayette County, Atlanta and the surrounding communities; to Venice, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Osprey, North Port, and the surrounding communities; and nationally.
We'd love to have the opportunity to hear about your situation. Contact us here to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Helping You With
Wealth Preservation – Wealth Enhancement – Wealth Transfer – Wealth Protection – Charitable Giving