Sharing Resources to Help You Grow Personally, Professionally & Financially
Sometimes it helps to get a little dose of encouragement—along with a good cup of coffee!—to start the day. Today we discuss "consistent."
Hopefully, the message below will help you get off to a good start for the week. Please feel free to forward the newsletter on to others that you think would benefit from the content.
There is a famous quote from Bruce Lee that I really like:
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Personally, I hate to do the same thing over and over again. However, Mr. Lee has captured the essence of becoming exceptional—you have to be consistent.
Coincidentally—or perhaps not—they say that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert in an area. Again, you are NOT going to get there unless you embrace consistency.
I think it’s difficult to be consistent due to three things:
- It’s easy to get bored. Doing the same thing over and over is HARD!
- It’s easy to get anxious to “claim” the results. We are fast to “get to the end” versus investing the time it takes to build new habits.
- It’s easy to overlook the gains you are making. When you do something day after day, you often do NOT see the change from day to day. Rather, you need to look BACK at the iteration 10,000 times before the current one to compare/contrast and realize the significance of what you have accomplished.
That’s why it is so important to (i) have a “why” in mind behind the change, (ii) establish a goal, and (iii) establish a metric to track the progress towards that goal. When you have the motivation, target, and tracking in place, it becomes a bit easier—albeit still not easy!—to be consistent.
That brings us to this week’s question:
- Where do you need to be more consistent in your life?
Thanks for sharing a bit of your time with me this Monday morning.
Have a great week!
About MMM: Each week I publish “Monday Morning Motivation” in the hopes that at least one person will find a bit of inspiration and that this inspiration will have a positive impact on their life. My motivation comes from experiences, reading, sermons, and discussions.
Photo credit: Thao Le Hoang (of www.hthaostudio.com, on unsplash.com)
Blog post from this past week:
F5 Financial is a fee-only wealth management firm with a holistic approach to financial planning, personal goals, and behavioral change. Through our F5 Process, we provide insight and tailored strategies that inspire and equip our clients to enjoy a life of significance and financial freedom.
F5 Financial provides fee-only financial planning services to Naperville, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Aurora, Oswego, Geneva, St. Charles, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Lisle, Chicago and the surrounding communities; to McDonough, Henry County, Fayette County, Atlanta and the surrounding communities; to Venice, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Osprey, North Port, and the surrounding communities; and nationally.
We'd love to have the opportunity to hear about your situation. Contact us here to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Helping You With
Wealth Preservation – Wealth Enhancement – Wealth Transfer – Wealth Protection – Charitable Giving