Sharing Resources to Help You Grow Personally, Professionally & Financially
Sometimes it helps to get a little dose of encouragement—along with a good cup of coffee!—to start the day. Today we discuss "feedback."
Hopefully the message below will help you get off to a good start for the week. Please feel free to forward the newsletter on to others that you think would benefit from the content.
Without feedback it is impossible to navigate—be it a car, a relationship, or life in general. However, poor feedback can be incredibly damaging—to your car, your relationships, or your life!
Constructive feedback follows the SMART framework that is often associated with goals. It is:
- Specific – It describes exactly what your assessment is.
- Measurable – It does so in a quantifiable, objective manner.
- Achievement focused – It focuses on the positive outcomes.
- Relevant – It is related to the task or event that took place.
- Timely – It is provided in close relationship to when the task or event took place.
Unfortunately, too many people provide the exact opposite when it comes to providing feedback:
- They speak in GENERALITIES versus specifics.
- They provide OPINIONS versus measurable metrics.
- They focus on the NEGATIVE versus the positive.
- They focus on OTHER things related to the person versus the task or activity at hand.
- They provide TARDY versus timely feedback.
Essentially, they “GO NOT” down a constructive path. Not good!
That brings us to this week’s question:
- Are you providing CONSTRUCTIVE feedback to those in your life?
Thanks for sharing a bit of your time with me this Monday morning.
Have a great week!
About MMM: Each week I publish “Monday Morning Motivation” in the hopes that at least one person will find a bit of inspiration and that this inspiration will have a positive impact on their life. My motivation comes from experiences, reading, sermons, and discussions.
Photo credit: rawpixel.com
Blog post from this past week:
F5 Financial is a fee-only wealth management firm with a holistic approach to financial planning, personal goals, and behavioral change. We provide insight and tailored strategies that inspire and equip our clients to enjoy a life of significance and financial freedom.
F5 Financial provides fee-only financial planning services to Naperville, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Aurora, Oswego, Geneva, St. Charles, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Lisle, Chicago and the surrounding communities; to McDonough, Henry County, Fayette County, Atlanta and the surrounding communities; and nationally.
We'd love to have the opportunity to hear about your situation. Contact us here to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Helping You With
Wealth Preservation – Wealth Enhancement – Wealth Transfer – Wealth Protection – Charitable Giving