Being a successful investor is NOT easy—it requires an incredible amount of self-discipline. Fortunately, while the self-discipline is hard, the basic tenants of successful investing are easy to understand.
Ten Keys to Investment Success
While there are multiple thoughts on what leads to a successful outcome as an investor, the following ten are a great starting point:
- Embrace Market Pricing
- Don’t Try to Outguess the Market
- Resist Chasing Past Performance
- Let Markets Work for You
- Consider the Drivers of Returns
- Practice Smart Diversification
- Avoid Market Timing
- Manage Your Emotions
- Look Beyond the Headlines
- Focus on What You Can Control
Would You Like More Support?
- Do you have a well-defined Investment Policy Strategy that is used to drive your investments in support of a comprehensive financial plan?
- If not, would you like to partner with someone who is used to helping people get through these struggles and (then, with confidence) implement portfolio strategies in a systematic manner while focusing on your desired outcomes?
If so, feel free to send us an email or give us a call. We’d love to have the opportunity to help you find a bit more peace of mind when it comes to investing.
Enjoy the read and remember, it’s NOT about the money. It’s about how the money supports your goals!
Photo credit: rawpixel.com
F5 Financial is a fee-only wealth management firm with a holistic approach to financial planning, personal goals, and behavioral change. Through our F5 Process, we provide insight and tailored strategies that inspire and equip our clients to enjoy a life of significance and financial freedom.
F5 Financial provides fee-only financial planning services to Naperville, Plainfield, Bolingbrook, Aurora, Oswego, Geneva, St. Charles, Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Lisle, Chicago and the surrounding communities; to McDonough, Henry County, Fayette County, Atlanta and the surrounding communities; to Venice, Sarasota, Fort Myers, Port Charlotte, Cape Coral, Osprey, North Port, and the surrounding communities; and nationally.
We'd love to have the opportunity to hear about your situation. Contact us here to schedule an appointment for a consultation.
Helping You With
Wealth Preservation – Wealth Enhancement – Wealth Transfer – Wealth Protection – Charitable Giving